Attend this two-day Gas Pipeline Hydraulics Workshop and get a fully functioning software package FREE!. This a free license to use the GASMOD software for 60 days. Ideal for Engineers, Technicians, Operators, Supervisors, Managers and those who want a refresher in Gas Pipeline Hydraulics. A fully interactive workshop, solving real-world pipeline hydraulics problems, WITHOUT THE COMPLICATED MATH!. Apply the principles learned at this workshop to immediate use at your workplace. This workshop can also be customized and conducted at your company site.
- Gas properties: Density, gravity, viscosity and compressibility factor. Variation with temperature.
- Understand the various pressure drop formulas such as Colebrook-White, Darcy-Weisbach, AGA, Panhandle A and B and Weymouth equations for steady state flow in gas pipelines. Friction factor, Reynold's number and Transmission factor.
- Heat transfer between gas and surrounding medium. Joule-Thompson effect.
- Size pipelines for specified throughput and pressures. Calculate MAOP and Hydrotest Pressures.
- Calculate the locations and HP of compressor stations on long distance pipelines.
- Pressure and temperature profile of natural gas pipelines.
- Determine the line pack volume in gas pipelines.
- Easy to use Windows software provided free for quick & accurate hydraulic studies. This is a limited licence to use the retail software for a period of three months. Models gas pipelines ith multiple compressor stations.
- Bring your laptop computer to this workshop and solve real-world pipeline engineering hydraulics problems using the free software provided!
Your instructor: E. Shashi Menon, P.E. will conduct the workshop. He has over 35 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry, having held positions of Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Manager and Chief Engineer for various Oil and Gas companies in the USA. He has taught engineering and computer courses and authored several technical papers. He has also developed and co-authored over a dozen PC software programs for the oil and gas industry. He has authored 4 books in Pipeline Design, published by McGraw-Hill, Marcel-Dekker, CRC Press and Elsevier.
The workshop will start promptly at 8:30 AM and will be over by 5:00 PM each day. A lunch break and two coffee breaks will be scheduled. Registration fee includes lunch. A workshop manual and a full-functioning software disk (limited license to use the retail software for a period of three months) with User Manual will be provided as part of the workshop.